J.P. Morgan: “We came away largely positive from the event led by our expectation for the latest line-up of iPhones to drive a strong replacement cycle, led by the combination of:
1) new exterior designs and form factor changes;
2) broader range of display sizes and price points (from 5.8″ to 6.5″ in 2019 to 5.4″ to 6.7″)
3) competitive pricing despite addition of 5G capabilities
4) support for 5G frequencies, including mmWave across all four models in the US
5) improved CPU, GPU and camera capabilities positioning the devices more firmly for superior gaming and photography.
Additionally, the under appreciated upside driver could be the attractive financing/trade-in programs launched with Verizon, which we would think are likely to be matched with attractive offers by other service providers, helping drive a strong replacement cycle”